SO4 0.00% 31.0¢ salt lake potash limited

I reckon K&S have bigger fish to fry in WA than simply acting as...

1. 7,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 526
    I reckon K&S have bigger fish to fry in WA than simply acting as sales agents for 90Ktpa off take from KLL.
    A glance at their 2018 annual report and their Shaping 2030 plan indicates their plans. Reduce debt followed by growth in specialty products and growth in Asia and Africa.
    These guys like to control the entire chain. They have shown they can develop new projects.
    They are doing feasibility and approvals on the Ashburton salt project in WA. They like the risk profile of WA and it’s location to new markets.
    The acquisition of Potash One for $400M and development of Canadian Bethune KCl mine for $4.1B shows they are willing to acquire feasibility stage projects.
    They will be the first to sell WA product but their involvement with KLL in no way precludes them from acquiring their own development project. Alternatively they could acquire KLL, form a partnership or simply increase their off take. But off take sales doesn’t appear to be their main game.
    They have been in business for 125 years and their SP has taken a beating on the back of reduced KCl production but not as badly as Potash Corp.
    Finally, the other majors will be watching what K&S is watching.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SO4 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.