SFX 0.00% 29.5¢ sheffield resources limited

I'm pretty sure there is more Hm in the U/size than the OS based...

1. 2ic
    5,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4972
    I'm pretty sure there is more Hm in the U/size than the OS based on Mar Qtr HM grades for ore mined and the maths of HM assays. Still, there is certainly Hm in the OS even if a bit less than the U/size... and I think that shows in the APr-May production update as per my earlier post https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/74100213/single

The problem, I think, sent the share south as much as confirmation OS hadn;t changed much last two months was the apparent change of focus from extracting as much U/size sand as possible form the ore mined (eg running dozers up and down to break it up) to trying to get mining rates up to 10.4Mt nameplate and focus on maximising the volume of u/size ore that can be forced through the DMU to WCP. As per my table, you can see that focus on screening off the OS lifted mining rates but reduced HM product per tonne of ore mined... ~14% lift in tonnes mined produced a ~12% fall in Ilm Con produced.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6219/6219786-cf53e3b7fe22eae356a158f30ecce8bc.jpg

That's a net 25% fall in Ilm Con per ore tonne mined in the 'new mining style' if the HM grade of the mine pit stayed the same, and I expect it didn;t change greatly. Extrapolate that out to 10.4Mtpa and as per my post you get ~20-25% lower Ilm Con product annually compared to DFS. The best solution is to keep up the mining rate at 10.4Mtpa while extracting maximum U/size ore to the wet plant, hopefully close to 100% of DFS product but for only modest extra in-pit costs. You really don;t want to mine the deposit 33% faster, with 33% more overburden, dozers, another DMU, staff etc to meet DFS product if it can be avoided...

Bruce mentioned "analysis of observed oversize streams and identification of remediation measures continuing" which will include all possible remedies, including in-pit screening/scrubbing. Won't be quick to identify the best possible fixes, then have them built and installed, then tested for actual practical efficiency/costs. I'm not sure ore mining rates only at nameplate will do it... "consistent with the ramp up schedule toward an annualised ore mining rate of 10 million tonnes per annum as contained within the 2022 Bankable Feasibility Study".

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $116.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.