WAK 1.96% 5.0¢ wa kaolin limited

These two facts may be relevant to WAK selling down its...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,240 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    These two facts may be relevant to WAK selling down its underutilised property portfolio:
    • “opportunity to strengthen its cash position through the sale of underutilised assets now that production at the Wickepin operation is ramping up”​
    • ". . . 3ha of portside industrial land at Kwinana".
    That three hectares would be worth a millions, but it may well carry a mortgage.

WAK announced on 6 September 2021 that it ordered the 20kg bagging facility for delivery in 9 months, which is early June 2022. It has only been delivered early May 2023. What party caused the delay is unknown the delay, I cannot say, but I am inclined to think the supplier side was the problem, because WAK wanted wanted to sell at product more profitably in 20kg bags. The 6 September 2021 Announcement stated “The equipment is designed to fill 700 valve bags per hour, each bag will be filled to 20kg, meaning WAK will have the capacity to pack more than half of the first stage design production capacity into 20kg bags.

That delay could be a reason why deliveries were so low in the March 2023 quarter. The last time I invented a fiction many HC readers treated that invention as a fact. This 20kg story is a fiction that may have some basis of truth, or not. Deliveries are going to be better in June 2023 quarter, because the huge order from Dak Tai Trading would most likely have been in bulk 1-tonne bags, and the plant has ramped up a bit. Reading between the lines, I would suggest the September 2023 quarter is when the volume would conspicuously surge.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.