RVR 0.00% 7.3¢ red river resources limited

Hey Sea, you are of course welcome to your opinion.I guess to...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 12,006 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6775
    Hey Sea, you are of course welcome to your opinion.
    I guess to start with, I view commodities in general, as being in a new upswing, that will, perhaps make the 2005-2011 move like like a pimple.
    However, even if commodities stick around the current prices, RVR will do very well, as it continues to improve its operational effectiveness and Thalanga (sure, it will be variable quarter on quarter, but... that happens for every produce, from BHP, to RVR). I do find it strange you are so frustrated, with a decent quarter. But, good luck with your other investments.

I feel that this quarters revenues will be ok, particularly, as others have pointed out (excellent pos@ConcerndCitizen), a higher Copper price (will likely see revenue end up very similar to the Q.

Which if you include the 4 days of using low grade ore, would have seen Thalanga get very close to the Dec Q in terms of tonnes produced.

So, I guess I am still expecting Thalanga to have made a profit (after expenses etc). Even after Hillgrove costs. Have you seen the size of the team!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3095/3095268-34c4f83f3d5bd284b52b82ef3dd9a2f4.jpg

While I am sure they are paid a solid wage, the advantages of running a small plant, are clear to see (though yes, economies of scale are not one of them).

@moorpett - very much agree. I am surprised at so much negativity for Hillgrove. Sure, I would loved to have seen 3000 ounces or more produced, but... they only poured the first bar 45 days ago! Just to put this into context for some, I follow a gold producer TRY (it has been producing for many years, basically, they need to produce 2200 ounces per month, just to break even............ (and many times they have not) This is not during ramp up, this is just... the challenges of being a producer, albeit in a country that has a lot of rain!....

I have every confidence, that Hillgrove's break even is well below this.

@Big Poppa Pump - nice post (agree about the gold, so many variables right now, yet, compared to any other ramp up I have seen, RVR carries little risk, because, they only had to put in $5m capex!
    I also like the optionality of Hillgrove. Though as you say, there is basically zero interest in the Antimony right now (in regards to RVR)
    (if I can do some speculation, in the future, I have a feeling RVR will get offers to J/V the plant to produce the Antimony, from players that do understand the value proposition).

RVR is quite a unique stock, as in, I have not been able to find anything similar (offering upside on multiple base metals, plus gold, plus silver, plus Antimony etc). All for an E/V of under $100m. It's a touch market!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.