RSG 5.38% 61.5¢ resolute mining limited

RSG is a dog stock, but there is a glimmer of improvement on the...

1. 11,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    RSG is a dog stock, but there is a glimmer of improvement on the horizon (as indicated in the recent production update - well at least the underground mine was doing most of what it was supposed to be doing, but we do not know at what cost).

Dog stocks can run really hard on hopium, so I bought back 2/3rds of my former holding when the share price was under 85 cents. I may even buy back the other 1/3rd at $1.20 if circumstances seem right!

The problem I see is that if the general market has another fit during US company reporting season then gold and goldies will cop it. Also USD POG run is way extended on Fed/fiscal stimulus feeding into inflation expectations when in fact US (and much of the world) is facing a deflationary situation. Eventually the market will wake up and realise inflation is not coming and jewellery demand is broken due to high gold price and poor income situation and once that happens the big boys will sell gold and get the price back down.

So I think it may be best to just trade this beast and not wait until 2025 when RSG may finally be going well operationally at all of its mines.

GLA.

loki (I have been buying back a significant portion of my former goldies, but not all goldies, for hopium trading.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.5¢
Change
-0.035(5.38%)
Mkt cap ! $1.309B
Open High Low Value Volume
64.0¢ 64.8¢ 61.0¢ $6.159M 9.878M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 97876 61.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.5¢ 35050 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.