MKR 4.35% 3.3¢ manuka resources ltd.

Knowing the pit at Boppy well, I can tell you you are absolutely...

1. 511 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Knowing the pit at Boppy well, I can tell you you are absolutely correct that a cutback won't happen. The stripping ratio is actually much higher than you suggest. Not only is it uneconomical but the footprint it would take up would encroach on current infrastructure (roads, pumps, dams etc..) so the mine would have to go u/g.

Having said all that, I know a previous operator of Boppy was desperate to buy it from MKR because they suspected (and have been partially proven to be right) that there was high grade gold still to be found. Whether or not it is another "deposit" in that it is economical by either open cut or u/g mining remains to be seen, but could very well happen.

While I don't share the same enthusiasm of there being another Boppy sized deposit nearby, there is definitely more gold and the ground has been under-explored. I've walked the line of old shafts from the late 1800s/early 1900's that runs through the lease at Boppy and unless someone has systematically explored that ground with modern techniques I would not rule out anything. I'm surprised MKR invested in the deep leads program at Wonawinta when the ground around Boppy would give bigger bang-for-buck. Some of the old timer shafts were hitting 20-50g/t+ from surface.

Anyway, just my two cents...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MKR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
-0.002(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $25.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.5¢ 3.2¢ $8.282K 248.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 111001 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 26415 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MKR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.