SXE 2.67% $1.73 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

Well thks for bursting my bubble.I always appreciate yr posts...

1. 9,683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Well thks for bursting my bubble.
    I always appreciate yr posts but reading them often reminds me of sitting in front of the accountant as he explained my FY results when in business.I always felt like homer simpson.
    When in business i had my simple way of calculating the direction eg debtors less creditors plus stock less rebates plus cash in bank smile.png so i had little interest in what i was being told by my accountant (excluding the 100% deductability on investments introduced by Keating for one year ,that i understood).
    with my rule absolutely better to have no debt than a bad debt.
    But now i invest in businesses and still i find finiancials impossible to fully understand and imo only that annoys me because financials should be easy to understand but there deliberately made difficult for various reasons.
    So i relate my business to sxe, i read yr very valid points re acquistions,margins and complicated contracts.
    I agree cash in bank has very little relevance,but it does appear substantial relative to sxe size..
    Aquisition history,again yr point relating to the dollars involved relative to the return appears a issue.
    So first as posted i like the sectors sxe is involved in taking into account all yr points,but 'has the sxe board learnt anything regarding debtors,margin control,acquisitions,' ?
    Trivantage appears a very common sense acquisition to sxe's own business and clearly other businesses.Will it produce better margins time will tell.
    Again,many co's make acquisitions until debt sends them broke,it appears ? sxe is not going broke and its interesting you don't believe there will be much organic growth whether margin ,sales considering the govt wants Australia to become battery operated.
    ps plse no critic of my sentence structure iv'e heard it all before.
    gltah's

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.73
Change
0.045(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $455.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.70 $1.74 $1.69 $442.5K 257.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 809 $1.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.73 12699 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.