GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Project Approval and Business Licence Receiv, page-17

1. 2,317 Posts.
    re: Ann: Project Approval and Business Licenc... lynxx, i presume you mean re: takeover then. i can't answer that, except to say that at the moment there is a lot of risks that can't be mitigated. so if you where going to look at Galaxy as being a takeover target by a bigger player why wouldn't they wait until all approvals and construction are completed. they may only need to pay an extra 30% or 40% on the price tag by waiting. in return they would get a lot less riskier investment which for a reasonably small market cap it makes sense to me that they would wait. just my thoughts.

personally, i think ( & hope ) than Galaxy is not a takeover target. for a while there i thought of them as a one trick pony so very vulnerable to a takeover. but the more i think about it and look into it, the more i feel it is likely the Galaxy will be the predator not the prey. when you look at their strategy to incorporate the Lithium Carbonate Plant (LCP) into their overall structure it has been very smart. Galaxy's overall capex to become a lithium miner & producer is close to $150m and more than a 3rd will be spent on the LCP - which is no small amount for them. Galaxy plans to be China's largest & lowest cost producer and there is significant production excess for their LCP in relation to what will be exported from the Mt Cattlin mine. This leads me to believe that Galaxy will be a full fledged two stringed operation and it is more likely than they will pursue opportunities to process more lithium at their plant.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.