HFR 5.71% 33.0¢ highfield resources limited

Good on ya Bosswhat....don't ya just love going to the races...

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Good on ya Bosswhat....don't ya just love going to the races with Bourie...and CEO Chair, where will you now invest your HFR profits?...is there a better share to invest/punt at the moment?...
    On investment philosophy, my intimate investment adviser (IIA) says we should sell half now, thereby getting (some) of our initial investment back and what remains invested amounts to a free ride...that's fair enough if you need the money or you want a spend splurge...but if you don't need the money and you still believe in HFR's potential, why wouldn't you keep your whole present investment (or even buy more?).
    Counter to the perhaps conventional view that you should have a spread of investments (apparently to average your risk), my investment philosophy extends to putting all eggs in one basket....I mean, what's the point of selecting a good investment ie one that you conclude is the best share going around (ie HFR) and then looking for the next best half a dozen or so which, in your own view are not as good as HFR. Those other spread shares may be OK but are in fact, and in your own view, a lesser quality punt than HFR.
    If your objective is to make money from left-over money (ie money that you can afford to lose), your objective is surely best met by buying only the single best share out there ie HFR?
    Anyway, my IIA never fails to remind me of the popular sell half/retain half philosophy when there is a rise like the present and of course I, unconvincingly, re-explain my "all eggs in one basket" theory. As no agreement is reached, the status quo remains and my smug level rises along with HFR's rise. (IIA's smug level has of course risen with the many drops in HFR's price we have experienced over quite a few years now.)
    Yours in uber-smug optimism....cheers...Al Dinga
    PS did I hear some-one mutter something about "pride before the fall"?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.0¢
Change
-0.020(5.71%)
Mkt cap ! $129.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 33.0¢ $13.01K 38.80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 63033 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 8000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 13/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
33.5¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 2.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 33.5¢ 5244
Last updated 15.29pm 13/06/2024 ?
HFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.