AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

I'd like to share some thoughts.Normally here on HC there is...

1. 190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I'd like to share some thoughts.
    Normally here on HC there is fair amount of rubbish. But at the moment people are really upset.
    I don't mean the non holders, but many large and long term holders. I am guessing that the BOD is probably stressed as well.

Shareholders
    Regarding us shareholders I think a lot of it has to due with CTL. Both Morning Star and the A1 started in the early 1860's both had shut down after many years of production and both are operating again and both are on the verge of profit. The A1 is a good mine and with today's Gold prices should be profitable had not the management totally stuffed it up. When we read about the mum and dads at A1 we really feel for them. We are glad that we are not in their situation but we also realize that we could have very well invested in CTL instead of AUL. Let's face it we are skittish. I think we have reason to be skittish. We can all see the vulnerabilities of investing into a small Gold minnow. Having said that should we ask for and insist on safeguards? Yes, of course so. The MS Gold room has very strict rules about activities in the Gold room and miners coming up from the shaft. I think it is only right and proper that we have safe guards in place. We are only as strong as the weakest link and we want safeguards in place so that we do not end up like CTL.

The BOD
    Regarding the BOD the only one whom I have met and know is Philip Amery.
    The others I have never met. I have been with Philip for a couple of days in Woods Point at the last site visit. He has come to catch up with me in Warburton and tomorrow he is coming to have a drink and a chat with Melbourne area shareholders.
    Is he a money man? Yes, He is very much a money man. I think that many us us are skeptical of money men because we have seen cases of bad money man.
    Having said that I can tell you that Philip is not an ordinary money man. He travels to Woods Point about once a week. He is at the very early workers meetings. He is involved in many areas for example, he has set workers up with an app for example if something needs attention they can post it and then at once every person in that, and related departments has the note. He is streamlining procedures and processes so that for example if there is a break down it can be repaired and up and running in the least amount of time. He is very detailed. He tramps in the bush looking over old mines with the regular workers. He does not mind to stay in the Woods Point hotel with no heat and a public toilet down the hall. A lot of people in his position would not work a tenth as hard as he does. He has a family to look after as well. At present he is not talking a salary. He has shares in AUL and he is pushing AUL to his clients. Because I can see that he is working extremely hard and putting in a lot of effort, when he tells me that there is no U.K. conspiracy I take him at his word. I think that he is working very hard for us.

Regarding the proposed consolidation there does not seem to have been any consultation with long term holders. Do I think that was a mistake? Yes, Do I think it was deliberate? No. I have made the same mistake myself, it happens.

Regarding BOD and shareholders
    We are like a family, we might disagree. We might debate and push hard for what we need. But overall I think disagreements and discussion is healthy and good. We will come out understanding each other better, and find better ways of doing things.

For any who can make it Monday night please come. How often is that you can meet other AUL shareholders and a BOD and have a chat? For those of you who can not make it if you have anything that you would like to have brought up at the meeting or would like to ask Philip please post it here on HC and we will make sure that it is discussed. The same for Philip, Whatever he would like to convey we will share that as well. I know that he feels that 100 to 1 is best and I truly want to understand his reason behind it. I may not agree with him but I want to understand him. If we truly want to understand others then they will much easier understand us.
    I think that very soon we will see some good improvements.
    We can all work together and make Austar a better company that we can all be proud of and good companies will not go unnoticed by the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.