BIT 0.00% 5.4¢ biotron limited

No surprise here with this. it was obvious there had to be a...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    No surprise here with this. it was obvious there had to be a capital raising of some kind or other from the financial report of the last year and the rate at which they have been spending money. All is not lost, not yet anyway. As has been said, perhaps they were waiting for a "partner" as long as they could, but that has not worked out. ie. the company is still on its own and has to do what it can. However, if the company is successful, the shareholder rewards will be greater. Will it work technically? Well, it is looking quite good from previous trials for HIV. Let's hope they stand up in the ongoing trials.

I am pleased they have not gone to non-equity funding by getting a loan of some kind, They would need security with payback conditions - and that is an absolute shareholder killer if they start to run out of cash again later on or can't meet the terms of the loan for when it comes due. Been caught that wat before! A "partner" is, I expect, not on the close horizon though they have been pushing that for a long time. Not that easy.

The underwriters will cover any shortfall, so the company will get their money. I'll be taking mine up. They will have enough funds (I'd expect) to complete the HIV trials. Covid - who knows quite what is happening there? I still think that the HIV "cure" is the one to make this company a goer as there are few possible competitors doing what Biotron are attempting with the methodology they have developed. Covid has so many alternative remedies being trialled and will be highly competitive as well as not now being not quite the problem it was considered to be, though could still be something the company might do well with in due course.

Yes there has been and will likely be a price drop. Happened before - then look what happened. Those 2c buyers generally did very well. Not quite so good now, but still a good prospect if the company meets it's technical goals. If the underwriters dump it, the price fall will be drastic - but why would they do that - it''s a money loser unless the company is about to hit the wall. With the funds in the bank, that is not the case for a year or two - by which time the HIV studies will be much further along, and possibly the covid ones.

Best wishes for all!
    Pesa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $2.393K 44.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19600 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 188178 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.15pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ 120722
Last updated 15.15pm 03/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.