FLT 2.38% $21.50 flight centre travel group limited

I always worry about buyout of other companies as compared to...

1. 1,325 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 206
    I always worry about buyout of other companies as compared to starting your own business and not paying someone else for what they have built up. There is so often a bit of poison hidden in what you buy. In this respect, some of FLT's bolt ons have been not too flash, particularly in the early days.
    Now the big question for me is why is anyone selling their tourism business right now? Anyone who has survived through the three toughest years possible for tourism is going to survive and, most likely, thrive from here on. So why is Scott Dunn selling right now? Then next question is, having decided to sell, why, at this time, would they accept a price that is value accretive to FLT from the get go?
    Let's hope that this is the case. Next question, why is FLT so keen on elements of the tourism sector that are at the upper class end of the market? Whilst they have Top Deck, most other arms of the business are high end stuff. Yet the brand overall is built around cheap and cheerful service for good value fares. It seems a contradiction. I hope it is not built on a lack of low end perspective from senior management but more built on resilient profits. I would have liked to have seen FLT go after something like Mantra when it was available to power the Cross Resorts entity with affordable apartment management that could have really spread some wings.
    Despite all this, FLT has runs on the board and I trust them to get it right. The market seems to be trusting them too today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.50
Change
0.500(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $4.751B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.98 $21.58 $20.89 $24.77M 1.158M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 27142 $21.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.51 5517 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.