WDS 1.38% $24.36 woodside energy group ltd

Ann: Proposed sale of ConocoPhillips interest in Senegal,WPL-FAR.AX, page-53

1. 695 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    Firstly, my comments on woodside growth where in response to another poster who said there were no growth options and therefore had to nab the Senegal deal, personally I don't think they have to close at any cost and I'd prefer if they didn't pay too much.

As for HDR, it may have been a commercial failure, but for Mauritania government it was still a positive to have the development. I'm sure that WPL will themselves be selling this experience to the government as a significant learning.

Yes SNE is significant, but Id rather see multiple small well priced deals than overpaying. Personally I think FAR is too expensive, at least in current market conditions.

As we watch the deal space in O&G over the next year I suspect that buyers will be using this price to negotiate other deals down in price. Look back at $10 oil, and the price paid for deals then, it was often cheaper to buy reserves than drill wells. I would like to see WPL maintain a M&A war chest for this very reason.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.