VRX 2.70% 3.6¢ vrx silica limited

Ann: Prospectus, page-53

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    Nice docco Az88. Not sure that it can be 100% accurate though as it claims that '3500 Australian companies export sand to the Arabian Peninsula and their proffits have trebbled in the last few years.' (I don't know when the docco was made). The gist of the docco is about construction and land reclamation/creation (as far as I watched) so this is bulk low cost sand they are talking about.

Discussions on HC/VRX have suggested that the economics are not there for the export of construction sand from Australia yet but might be in the future. Does anybody have a feel for what sand is currently exported from Oz to Arabia and are there really 3500 companies doing it?

It doesn't really matter to us as the story we have is mostly for the higher grade glass etc at much higher price points for the 'local' Asian market.

I'm hanging out for that feaso so I can crunch some numbers. If I remeber correctly, VRX have the ambition of selling 1 million tones of sand from each resource. On those figures, (3 million tonnes), they only need a profit of about $15/tonne to earn the current market cap every year!  Seems achievable for the glass and above grade, including shipping costs.

I am so looking forward to the rocketting sp once the little duckies line up.

Cheers

Keith.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $22.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.5¢ $37.44K 1.032M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 271873 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 749799 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.