PIQ 1.57% 97.0¢ proteomics international laboratories ltd

Hi Eqz,Thank you for putting this important news with parallel...

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Hi Eqz,

Thank you for putting this important news with parallel pathways with the FDA & CMS into perspective, excellent post!

Things have recently changed (January 2021) as we did discuss & posted here, the implications of this regulatory change are very beneficial to utilising breakthrough technologies earlier in the real world, for the benefit of patients.

So here are a couple of articles that may be of interest,

BUT...noting that there has been that rule change in regards to Medicare & This is now awarded on Breakthrough Device Status from FDA & via MCIT pathway with CMS.

https://www.odtmag.com/issues/2020-03-01/view_columns/the-abcs-of-reimbursement-for-breakthrough-devices/

Also, in regards to this I distinctly remember reading in regards to CPT codes & Breakthrough Device Designation, for special codes to be used in the interim for new technology. Here is an older article from 2019, it’s a little outdated now, but as all of these things need to tie in together, the CPT code is very important, and possibly the rules may have changed again on that as well as Medicare coverage since that broker report from Euroz came out. I haven’t had time to look as yet, but as I said to you yesterday Eqz, I’m really excited about this news & the implications of it. PromarkerD is such an ethically priced (and predictive) test, it will pay for itself in Medicare funding US$55-150. Compare that to RenalytixAI ~USD$900 per test.

https://www.medtechdive.com/news/cms-to-revamp-coding-for-new-medical-technology/554044/

Neither test has FDA Approval/Clearance yet, they are based on different biomarkers & could in fact work quite well separately. There has been good uptake on KidneyIntelX test in the last quarter, 400K. They are a way behind us in validation, but approval in CLIA labs & collaboration, no IVD test as yet. Looking at their cash burn, PIQ have something to be very proud of here. Development of new technology without the debt & subsidised by income from Analytical services.

It really is a three-pronged thing for useful tests that will benefit many for screening in the population & one does not work without the other (CPT/Medicare/FDA). The need for this has never been greater than now, with COVID-19 induced DKD/CKD & we really won’t know true numbers until the pandemic is under control in EU/USA, & further research.

Hopefully soon with mass immunisations, but I do believe there will always be cases & will be endemic with mutations & people who either choose not to be immunised, or can’t be right now, or aren’t because of their economic status or where they live in the world.

Have a beautiful weekend all.

Last edited by Owl vs Fox: 05/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
97.0¢
Change
0.015(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $127.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ 99.5¢ 96.3¢ $64.34K 65.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15200 96.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
98.0¢ 22247 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.