AL3 3.03% 16.0¢ aml3d limited

I'm a long term holder in this company and a big supporter....

1. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    I'm a long term holder in this company and a big supporter. the list of deals in the works is good and I have no doubt, many more to come; as I am holder I seriously want them to do well...I love the innovations and possibilities

the subject of body armour keeps being raised which I think is fantastic and very interesting-- but my opinion hasn't changed with the announcement (it's still a difficult win from here); and if they win, then nice -- I'm keen to see the profits roll in...also I will be very rich as I hold allot of shares..

Still...

saying you have a chance to tapping a multi billion dollar industry and having a signed contract to produce for a billion dollar company, are worlds apart...like very far jump..promising yes; but actually, still a long way..

I have tried to share previous my take; no point me just repeating what they have announced, or same thing so I will try to share some more thoughts..

If you were to strap a titanium plate to your chest and ask some one with a 50 cal to shoot you, I can confidently say you are going to be seriously harmed and possibly die -- this is because metal can't disperse the impact (don't care how strong you think it is); however if I shoot you at a distance with a shot gun, chances are the pellets will bounce off -- just physics and logic really..

titanium like all metals comes in grades, if the grade is low (lower quality titanium) it won't be as strong and if it's thin it will likely break like clay.. if it's high grade and thick then it won't break -- but how do you disperse the impact? let's say for argument WAM allows a lower grade (and therefor cheaper titanium mix) then of course interesting as it's very light weight metal... nice! but it doesn't change the physics..

this is the between the lines bit, they are working with some other materials here to make a suite of armour -- the WAM 3D printed bits will just be parts of the suite -- it could be like... who knows they haven't shared enough (or I missed it) could be like a turtle shell and layered for all I know .. as they are competitively bidding, I doubt too much they want to share this level of detail, cause like they do want to win contract, but even more importantly they want to use this as use case example how 3D printed WAM can customise things (that can't otherwise be done). My curiosity is how they are building the thing so it can disperse the hit vs shatter or the opposite launch the wearer into the wall. I suspect lightforce or some other partner already nailed a design and teaming up?

I really do wish them the best and I hope for tapping into the market -- but worse case they don't win a contract but they still win as proving they can customise a human set of armour is significant and should drive other inventions and uses for the technology. I think it's a very inventive way of demonstrating the capability of the technology -- but can it compete with other materials that can make armour (and that are currently used to do so) that can actually disperse the hit? ... maybe... it really depends allot on what else is in the mix?

I hope this clarifies-- absolutely I am not a metallurgist etc and I could be completely wrong, but this is just how I feel based on some small observations over the years.

I really hope they sign a billion dollar deal (when they do I'll be rich) but yeah I still suspect it won't be for a super soldier piece of armour.... well at least not without help.

I will watch on with interest -- perhaps we learn more if they progress to next stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AL3 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $60.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $321.7K 2.004M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 95276 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 390129 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AL3 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.