PDI 3.51% 27.5¢ predictive discovery limited

Yep - surely no surprise that PRU went to 19.9% of PDI as...

1. 5,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4020
    Yep - surely no surprise that PRU went to 19.9% of PDI as predicted by many here, have well and truly got their foot on this one until the permitting is derisked. The only question now is when the permits all arrive and then how much cash and/or scrip will be offered.

The PDI board was probably a bit conservative in making the announcement about the cadastral survey issue as I haven't seen anyone else listed who is operating in Guinea in the way of Anglo Gold Ashanti (JEA & NYSE), Robex Resources (CVE), Alma Gold (CSE) or Hummingbird Resources (LON) announce the pause in issuing of permits, probably not price sensitive for Anglo Gold Ashanti but interesting that the other Canadian and UK listed Guinea exposed miners didn't seem to make a big deal about it.

In the last serious thread, there was a lot of discussion along the lines of "What do PRU know about PDI or Guinea that the rest of the market doesn't?" - as@jman0076 says - the answer seems to be that they knew about the additional interest in PDI through cash-settled equity swaps.

There are a lot worse things than being taken over by PRU in the long term - we could have seen a lowball game of "slow chess" between Russian and Chinese bidders, and/or the government changing the rules at the last minute just before completion, or possible ramp-up technical issues at commencement of production. If people think that PRU are getting this for an absolute steal then the obvious way to play it is to simply buy PRU instead, at least by owning PRU you get some diversification in jurisdictions, good experienced management who have built stuff in africa and operational diversification as well instead of the single mine/ramp-up development risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.