PTX 2.56% 3.8¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Ann: PTX-200 AML Trial Progresses to Higher Dose, page-8

1. 2,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11920

So this is good news, certainly.

I do wish they could be clearer in their Announcements though, and improve communications generally.

From the wording of this Announcement, the three patients successfully dosed at 35 mg are the same patients who achieved a complete response at the lower does of 25 mg. ie. its says "Three patients were treated at 35 mg/m2 PTX-200 with no dose limiting toxicities reported. No additional clinical responses were seen in this cohort..... As previously reported, the three patients have achieved complete responses in the study so far."

I have underlined the because grammatically it links the two groups - grammatically it means that the 3 patients previously reported as having a complete response (at 25mg) are the same people who were enrolled for the higher dose level of 35mg.

But that seems odd to me. In their previous announcement of 20 August they did not say that the next cohort would be the same patients. Indeed - why continue to treat the same people, who have apparently been cured, when you could treat new patients and hopefully achieve the same result with them?

The other possibility is that they have a crap writer, and the word "the" should not have been included. If you delete it, then it would be reasonable to assume that the three patients at 35gm were new patients.

Don't get me wrong - this is still good news - but their communications are poor. For example, when did we last get an update on the PTX-200 studies in Breast cancer and Ovarian cancer? Both studies avchieved promising results but then, apart from a brief mention in the AGM presentation - silence. Or have I missed something?

I'm very hopeful for the future of PTX 100, PTX-200 and Omnicar. I just wish that PTX could communicate at least half as well as Imugene does.

Anyway - let's hope for more good results for all those people trying to beat AML. My heart goes out to them.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $30.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 3.9¢ 3.8¢ $47.91K 1.256M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 881755 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 150000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.