PTX 2.44% 4.2¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Ann: PTX adds International CAR-T & Bioengineering Experts to SAB, page-22

1. 2,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12220
    Indeed, Super!

Omnicar is the main reason I decided to invest in PTX. Although PTX100 and PTX200 are certainly promising, Omnicar is the the stand out in terms of its potential to fundamentally improve cancer therapy, with huge commercial opportunity if they can prove that it works and partner with CAR-T big Pharma.

These two appointments look excellent and I agree that there are parallels with Imugene. Back a few years ago Imugene was largely overlooked by the market but seemed to have excellent science, so the question for me was - is the market right about this, and the science wrong?Their ability to attract some of the finest international researchers to their SAB, and a CEO stolen from Genentech, was a very strong clue that the science was correct, and in fact it was the market that had it wrong. I hugely increased my holding based on that clue, and probably you did too. When the market finally woke up to the reality of the science, the big re-rate came.

As you say - in that respect PTX looks a lot like Imugene did back a couple of years ago. This announcement confirms that similarity.

However another similarity drove my interest in PTX. Imugene's B-cell vaccines were not a shot in the dark. They are simply a new and better way (cheaper, with far less toxicity) of addressing anti-cancer targets already validated by existing clinically and commercially successful (T-cell mAB) drugs. Likewise Omnicar is not a shot in the dark. We already know that CAR-T works incredibly well in blood borne cancers, but with some real problems because it is hard to control. Omnicar simply provides the missing control.

Of course CAR-T is at present largely confined to blood borne cancers - which are only 10% of all cancers. It's still a huge market, but severely limited by that fact. So - if Imugene's OnCARlytics platform is proven to work, then CAR-T's will become effective in solid tumours as well - opening up the remaining 90% of all cancers for CAR-T products. In that scenario, OmniCAR would benefit massively too, because it would potentially be a combination therapy for CAR-T across all cancer types.

Imugene already has two CAR-T Pharma partners collaborating with them on two separate OnCARlytics research projects. It makes me wonder if a three way partnership might happen: IMU bringing OnCARlytics, a CAR-T Pharma, and PTX with Omnicar. That's highly speculative, but we are in the speccy end of the market after all, and it seems like a natural fit to me.

Cheers

Dave
    Last edited by davybabyk: 22/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.001(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $33.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.3¢ 4.1¢ $27.29K 650.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 74314 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 57451 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.