HT8 0.00% 0.9¢ harris technology group limited

Interesting article in the AFR this morning, page 3 i think on...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 464
    Interesting article in the AFR this morning, page 3 i think on the former owner of Petbarn who went into online retail in petfood and was struggling to make money while distributing from 1 location (Melbourne). Anything over the size of a CD would just see the logistic costs eat into profit margins.

Simple strategy to overcome that, have a broader distribution base through a limited store network to cover Perth, cover Brisbane, Sydney, etc. From that point they could start to make significant money.

Hope SHP pay attention to this and potentially set up a store in each city that acts as their warehousing facility and get the logistics working from each location to cover each market. Already have Sydney setup (do they run any IT items out of this warehouse though), Melbourne (again do they stock YHD product or WowBaby), so would be interested to see them do something in Brisbane to cover the east coast. Unsure we are big enough to do Adelaide or Perth at this point.

Yes this probably implies holding more stock across different locations, but probably only in your high turnover goods.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HT8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.