UBI 0.00% 15.0¢ universal biosensors inc.

The market will ignore UBI until substantive sales begin to be...

1. 281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    The market will ignore UBI until substantive sales begin to be likely and proven.
    They have been banging on about Sentia for over a year now. HRL was really only closed for 6 weeks. Yes, XpreciaPrime has been totally missing until just now.
    Overall there are NO figures to suggest UBI has achieved much in $$$$. Sales are still stuck at a rates of around $4M P.A. Truly in today's market sentiment and pricing of risk/ return metrics one would say that we are probably lucky the price is where it is.
    Some time earlier John Shannon indicated they needed around $13M sales for break even/profitability....think about that. That is over 300% growth required. If someone came to you and said " I have a company for sale with $4M sales and hoping for $13M in 1 year" Would you/anyone be prepared to pay $49M for it (current market cap) ?
    Don't get me wrong. I am not bagging them. It is clear to me that myself and lot's of others hold UBI on some unproven future.
    I have no clue how big PetTrakr can be. It is taking a very long time to get Sentia established. Even if UBI can get the other medical strips FDA approved and into the market you can bet your house on the fact that the medical profession will not suddenly stop doing their current testing regimes easily.
    Unless there is rapid uptake of sales this will be years away.
    Most likely though, in my mind, is that if UBI can truly start getting into the medical market, then in due course someone much larger will want to buy out the operation...eg. Roche, Ely Lilly or whoever.
    Finally, if we go back a couple of years or more I recall a very lucrative bonus package ws awarded to John Sharman that was based on market capitalisation/ take-over offer. Level 1 was market cap/offer of $300M and level 2 was $500M. Do the math what the S.P will need to be. Most likely would be reached by a buy out offer significantly above any listed share price.5% to 10 years????
    Took John Sharman 5 years to achieve magic at MVP...so same time fram or longer here?
    1 st July 2023 will be John's 3 year anniversary. If it is going to work it is reasonable to think in terms of another 2 or 3+ years for real traction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UBI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $44.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $80.63K 526.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 642508 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 3734 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UBI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.