NXG 2.06% $10.65 nexgen energy (canada) ltd

it looks like a non institutional shareholder, Fred, put forward...

1. 8,307 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    it looks like a non institutional shareholder, Fred, put forward their question on the purchase of the uranium, he must not have understood the previous explanations on the uranium purchase and the need to have it in place for contracting, Comeco has some 30 million tons on hand as leigh and travis explained as assurance with production.. but non the less he had a crack and was absolutely condescending.

Fred Berliner: Good morning. I am concerned that the whole complexion of the company has changed. You had a vast land holding of uranium, and now you're going into the mining business, which is fraught with cost, fraught with unpleasant surprises, and you are now debt laden. I don't understand why at this point you would be gambling on the price of uranium when you can just sit there with a product in the ground and watch it rise. So please explain to me how you going into the mining business, it's just so difficult and for you to cross that divide, you have to have real expertise and experience, and I don't know if you got it. So please enlighten me.

Leigh Curyer: Yeah. And good morning, Fred. Look, all valid risks of mining. Mining is not a simple endeavour, but everyone at the company has been in the business, from very large mining companies to the smallest and I would say we've faced far greater challenges earlier on in our incorporation back in 2011 with actually just trying to find a discovery in the first place than what we have in front of us. When we went out to the other side of the base and we were laughed at by some of the industry leaders saying, you'll never find economic mineralization out there. Well, we have discovered the largest and most economic and environmentally elite mineralisation that exists on the planet. We then got told, you'll never get a permit. Well, we got the provincial permit in the quickest time ever, and the first one in the last 20 years and the federal permit will be no different. We have assembled the best of the best into the company and will continue to do so. We have partnerships with extraordinary organizations where we're going to be introducing additional innovation and optimizing efficiency and safety. So, yeah, you're quite right. Mining is a challenging game, no doubt about it, but our track record has demonstrated clearly that we understand exactly what we're doing, the risks and the opportunities, and we approach it in a manner, which employs fact based objectivity from all the relevant disciplines required to be successful. And so the permitting aspect, even when we're in production in the future, when we look back, what was the biggest risk? It was always going to be around the permit, because it's got the most variables and the most variable -- and the largest number of stakeholders involved, but we've already got the provincial permit and the federal permit is in the final stages and we look forward to that permit and getting just into construction. We're then narrowed down to just one aspect and we love nothing more than having everything in our control, and construction will predominantly be 100% in our control. So it's a very exciting time for investors. We're at a real inflection point, and the moment we received that federal permit, we'll be constructing the mine and accelerating towards cash flows which will take us into a top 10 mining company worldwide. So whilst you may not have seen NexGen as a brand constructor mine, the people within our organization have in their previous roles and so we're very excited and energized more than ever for these next phase.

A - Travis McPherson Yeah. And Fred, I might just add to, like, I think, it's important to put in context that this -- while this all sounds big, like a big mine going to produce lots of uranium, you're talking, if this was a gold mine, you wouldn't have even heard about it in terms of the tons that were moving a day. Like, it's a very small physical mine, all conventional and so, yeah, look, if we're developing a very complex, mine, it's very large or complex, as I said. Yeah, on a risk adjusted basis, you got to consider those things. But for us, we're building a very tiny, little conventional underground gold mine in a effectively granite hard rock setting using long haul stoping and conventional processing at surface like, except the difference, obviously, being the product that we're producing is extremely valuable and extremely strategic because it's actually an energy metal in the green energy transition. So yeah, mining is not easy, but the size of the prize here is enormous.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.65
Change
0.215(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $815.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.61 $10.68 $10.61 $1.210M 113.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 317 $10.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.65 1489 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.20am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.