DDR 0.84% $10.61 dicker data limited

Yeah, from a reseller point of view, DDR never sits still. When...

1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Yeah, from a reseller point of view, DDR never sits still. When they were adding a heap of vendors a few years ago I was a bit concerned that service levels would drop. But they seem pretty good at recruiting, and retaining, talent to ensure that doesn't happen. They are certainly making major noises around Cyber Security, which of course is at the forefront of everyone's mind these days, and for a number of years they focussed on recurring revenues from SaaS, etc rather than one-off sales (which naturally is the way the whole market is going these days).

Let's be clear. Vlad runs the show now. David got the business to where it is, but it's probably more Vlad's baby now, than it is David's. His only real involvement is high-level strategy. Vlad does all the day-to-day operational stuff, and as you can see from the interview, he really guides the company's direction in terms of technology mix and the like. The market seems to misunderstand this massively. This was highlighted 2 years ago when David sold a tiny amount of his stock and the market sent the price down 20% in 3 days. It was ridiculous. And I have no doubt, that when David has finally had enough of the distribution business and wants to put some mega-bucks into Rodin, the market will do the same again. It's probably to be expected when he's the company's namesake. But in terms of operational risk, I think the risk of David leaving and Vlad taking over as CEO is almost non-existent. Vlad runs the company now anyway. From a share price perspective, I'd predict some dark days for a while, but in actual fact, it will be a perfect buying opportunity when that happens. And you can bet that's exactly what Vlad will be doing too.

This is not to take away from David at all. I have huge respect for how he has succeeded, essentially by doing things differently from everyone else. That's to be commended. And I think Vlad will eventually take the company from strength to strength.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.61
Change
-0.090(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $1.913B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.74 $10.80 $10.60 $1.499M 140.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1258 $10.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.65 683 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$10.62
  Change
-0.090 ( 0.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
$10.80 $10.80 $10.60 23383
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
DDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.