DDR 0.21% $9.46 dicker data limited

Well I feel for you, but I am absolutely shocked that you would...

1. 350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    Well I feel for you, but I am absolutely shocked that you would have your entire portfolio in Dicker Data. Forget results, imagine if a fire tore through their warehouse and melted all the inventory into plastic custard. Not to mention the key person risk in Mr. Dicker himself. The guy comes across as an arrogant toss bag and I'm not surprised that he's had two divorces. When he says "stock picking on the ASX is a mugs game" - he's actually talking to his retail investors and saying "hey...you're a mug" and then not long after, claims that his stock is undervalued. He'll only facilitate "in-person" AGM's and continues to pay out 100% profits whilst having a large debt profile because he deals in equity. Red flags began to surface long ago and when he cut the final dividend, that should've been a massive warning to investors.

I'm not saying that the business won't bounce back and should the share price slip below $9...I'll take stock and consider another purchase. But then again, it may be worth waiting for the 7's again. But had I not been pre-occupied today, I would've sold out on these results and taken my profit elsewhere. In fact, earlier this month I took a position in another business as a hedge against my investment in Dicker Data. My rationale was totally related to key person risk and not the pending results. I asked myself how much exposure I wanted to Dicker Data with regards to the key person risk factor? It's okay for Mr. Dicker...he's set for life as he lives his life in the tax haven of the UAE. But hell, he deserves it and good luck to him. Can't begrudge the arrogant twat for being successful.

But this is what I don't like; I have zero respect for the carrot & stick approach employed by the company and Mr. Dicker himself. I think that it totally stinks that the company should release their dividend announcement almost 5 working days prior to trading updates or results presentations. I understand that this isn't unusual for DDR and how they operate. But to increase their dividend and in turn support the share price during the DRP calculation period and then release less than desirable results half an hour before the close of market just prior to the end of the DRP calculation period is absolutely god damn pathetic.

They're my thoughts. I don't expect any of Vlad's disciples to warm to my comments. It's still a reasonable business. But buggered if I'd have all of my eggs in one basket because anyone invested in Dicker Data isn't just invested in Dicker Data - the company. They're invested in Mr. David Dicker and quite frankly, anything could happen at any time let alone being invested with a view to retirement income. That's just massive risk right there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.46
Change
0.020(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.706B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.47 $9.52 $9.36 $1.290M 136.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1467 $9.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.55 6447 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$9.51
  Change
0.020 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.44 $9.52 $9.38 21567
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
DDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.