DDR 0.41% $9.81 dicker data limited

Ann: Q1 FY24 Market Update, page-78

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    I don't get it. It's not my money so it doesn't matter.

I just don't see the value in buying at $8.88 and then selling at $9.10. That's a 2.5% profit (less crystalised CGT and brokerage), Don't know what the profit was on the first parcel sold, but the difference between $8.88 and yesterdays closing price of $9.48 is 6.48%. How is that cracking any sort of holy grail or how is that even smart? The poster said that DDR made up 40% of their portfolio. By selling in the low 9's, if the poster really wanted to balance their portfolio by taking some risk off the table, they could've sold one week ago at $10.70 when the SP was roughly 15% higher. Not smart a week ago but smart 48 hours ago?

In effect, what's really happened in real terms is that poster reacted and totally interrupted the compounding process on their 40% holding. The poster claims to have "doubled down" at $8.88. Had they held those shares, they'd be far better off than selling at $9.10 - and at no time do we have any insight into how many shares were bought at $8.88 and how many were sold in both parcels (that's two lots of brokerage, the posters trading platform will be applauding these trades!).

What this confirms to me, like I have always known - is that we are a gambling nation and from the many posts that I read on HC, we are mostly traders and not investors. That's fine and each to their own. In this case however, the maths doesn't add up and it's clearly obvious that selling at $9.10 wasn't smart or good timing at all. It wasn't even lucky. The SP may head south from here. I couldn't tell you. But if people want to quote Lynch, one of his best lines ever was this;

"When I want my shares to go up, I just simply sell them - They always seem to go up when I sell".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.81
Change
-0.040(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.769B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.87 $9.88 $9.77 $1.993M 203.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1803 $9.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.84 681 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.