ZIP 4.38% $1.31 zip co limited..

I wanted to share an overview of a recent financial and market...

1. 92 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23

I wanted to share an overview of a recent financial and market analysis that I came across. This analysis primarily focuses on a company, likely ZIP, and its stock performance, as well as broader economic factors. Here's a breakdown of the key points:

Stock Performance:
    The analysis begins by highlighting a positive change in the share price of the company, with an 8.33% rally. This rally has brought the share price back to levels seen before a trading update in the first quarter of 2024.

Business Metrics:
    The company's business had previously shown signs of improvement in July 2022, particularly in terms of business metrics. However, several factors weighed on its performance, including removal from the ASX200, debt exchange for share dilution, and rising money market forward yields.

Financial Results:
    Despite challenges, the company's recent financial results are positive. These results include rising revenue, manageable bad debts, and positive free cash flow. There's also mention of the debt reduction due to a one-off $10.8 event.

Short Selling:
    The analysis suggests that short sellers may face challenges due to the company's efforts to reduce debt and improve business metrics.

Interest Rates:
    The text discusses consensus views on US interest rates, with predictions of rate cuts in 2024. It also mentions that Australian financial media are anticipating a rate hike by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA).

RBA Rate Hike:
    The analysis expresses concern about the potential negative impact of an RBA rate hike on Australians, especially those with mortgages, and questions the need for such a move.

Market Impact:
    The text speculates on the possible market reactions to an RBA rate decision, suggesting that if the rates don't increase, certain stocks, including ZIP, might see a relief rally.

Credit Risk:
    The analysis raises concerns about increased credit risk for Australians who rely on "Buy Now, Pay Later" (BNPL) services if interest rates rise.

I hope you find this overview helpful for staying informed about recent financial and market developments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.055(4.38%)
Mkt cap ! $1.475B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.31 $1.26 $8.806M 6.850M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1370 $1.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 194028 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.30
  Change
0.055 ( 3.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.28 $1.31 $1.26 1773143
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.