FLC 11.1% 12.0¢ fluence corporation limited

Hi all,I'm jut back from a holiday in Singapore with the family,...

1. 579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    Hi all,

I'm jut back from a holiday in Singapore with the family, and what struck me over there was their focus on the environment. (Obviously this was aided by the fact we spent a couple of days at the Zoo and other places where the environment is key.) One area that was continually focused on was the dwindling resources of our natural environment. The more I was exposed to this (and it did become a bit tedious at times), the more obvious it was how people in other parts of the world view the world's natural resources. We are in a bit of a fish bowl in Australia after all. I won't go into my views on the whole climate change debate, but keep it to what is relevant for Fluence.

Out key stake holder, and the man who views this as 'still his company,' is a billionaire. He's not in this for a few dollars. He's in this for the lasting legacy this will provide him and his name to posterity. Out of the Australian fish bowl, global resource scarcity - especially the realisation of our dwindling supply of clean, fresh water - is a real thing. For the doom sayers out there who think Mr. Lauder is only here to rip off some poor Aussie investors, time to get a reality check. Maybe he will, but that's not what interests him. Again ,it is a legacy to provide clean water to the world. I'm more convinced of that than ever after my holiday.

So, onto the tangibles. I'm looking forward to the 4C. I think (hope) we will be pleasantly surprised. If it is true that the company isn't announcing any small contracts under $3M, then there should be a few positive surprises in the 4C. I also expect the company to reaffirm +ve EBITA by 4th QTR.

The main downside for me is execution in China. Let's be honest - the ramp we were given was manure. In fact, if it wasn't for an off the wall conversation by one of our guys thinking outside the box, iTest wouldn't be a customer. And they are so far as i know, the ONLY Chinese customer of note. Let's hope this changes within 2019.

Anyway, all the best to us all, and looking forward to reading the 4C.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.015(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.8¢ 11.5¢ $86.73K 686.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 249999 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 17781 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 10.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ 230483
Last updated 15.01pm 17/05/2024 ?
FLC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.