NEU 0.00% $17.09 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

The highest rated post today, and deservedly so, is TripAce’s...

1. 5,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17676
    The highest rated post today, and deservedly so, is TripAce’s copy of commentary by David Nayagam at Evans and Partners.

The E & P summary demonstrates understanding of Neuren and its assets, presents all the relevant facts and steers clear of exaggeration or emotional reaction.

I won’t rehash what’s been said by E & P.

Instead, I want to highlight Q2 sales of Skyclarys, which were announced last week by Biogen. Skyclarys was acquired through Biogen’s US$7.3bn takeover of Reata last year. Skyclarys, which treats a rare neurology disease with a patient population similar to Rett syndrome, was approved by the FDA just before DayBue was approved.

Biogen and the financial commentators seem to be very pleased with how Skyclarys is going.

Below are quotes from coverage of the results by four different publications

Viehbacher said the launch of Skyclarys is going “extremely well.”

Strong sales of new launches, including rare disease therapy Skyclarys, helped buoy Biogen’s Q2 earnings.

The strong sales of Skyclarys and Tysabri, which both outperformed market expectations, contributed to this robust financial outcome…

Leqembi for early Alzheimer’s, Skyclarys for Friedreich’s ataxia and Zurzuvae for postpartum depression meet or exceed Biogen’s internal sales expectations.

So what were the Skyclarys sales? Excluding sales in Europe which have now begun to contribute to earnings, the US sales in Q2 2024 were US$75.6m compared with US$73m in Q1.

In comparison, DayBue US sales in Q2 2024 were US$84.6m, compared with US$75.9m in Q1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.