MYR 1.27% 80.0¢ myer holdings limited

Ann: Q2 Trading Update, page-349

1. 10,673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 732
    Some events can be bearish and some bullish.

A takeover announcement would change the picture, but I wouldnt bank on that in the short term.

Dividend may get cut to 1c per half who knows yet.

The availability of afterpay, credit cards etc hasnt made a boost to retail spending.

The main thing holding back retail spending is the amount of people holding debt and working to just make ends meet and pay Mortgage Payments.

Any extra spare cash is used for travel and Cars with the cars losing 10s of thousands in value per year if the family has 2 newish cars.

In previous times there was not the rush to have the latest car or latest phone, but these items seem to be higher on peoples list compared to what Myer currently stocks on the shelves.

The need to revamp how the stores attract sales is obvious, as well as what is stocked .

I think 50c is pretty much definite before the dividend, then snap up after dividend like it has previously.

Lew seemed to make a Buy in after the ex-date of a Dividend, mabe because he knew or was advided there would be higher sell volume available to fill his order of 10%.

For Lew to have a controling voting Block, Id say the previous mail out from Lew requesting who would Vote with lew was just Lew doing the numbers on how many more stock he may need to buy to then have the Numbers in an extraordianry meeting.

So Valuation IMO going forward, depends on Lew Buying in more shares to have enough in a Vote to bring about what changes he thinks would be best.

Then if that happens lie I expect it will, we should see some improvements in the SP.

Long term, I would think that Lew would make a buy to get the control, not sure how many more shares he needs to have Voting control.

But Longer term, Lew would be tweaking the Myer Business and pitching it to re-sell the Company at a higher takeover price.

If Im right, then this would look something like Lew getting enough shares to have the Votes, then make some tweaks and apply some retail experience to show improvement from a low base.

Then set about attracting a Buyer takeover from an International at possibly double what Lews Average SP is.

This is how I think it will play out, purely My opinion based on where we are and what I think is most Probable.
    Last edited by ChippyDude: 12/02/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.010(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $665.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
79.0¢ 81.0¢ 79.0¢ $2.299M 2.872M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10060 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 37136 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.