MYR 1.80% 85.0¢ myer holdings limited

Ann: Q2 Trading Update, page-58

1. 547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    All of this carnage really means people are discouraged from buying because the 'AMAZON' bug is buzzing around in the back of people's minds and has them all worried about 'what could potentially be!?'

The fact is that with all the Amazon hype at the moment, the total retail market share that Amazon has taken in the US is 5%. Now for one company and in such a large economy that is a lot, but that is an average of 5% sales losses for all other retail outlets in the economy. So theoretically, Myer along with all other retail outlets should lose no more than 5% in sales. A loss of 5% in sales does not justify a greater than 50% slump in the stock price in one year. Not at all! It is shear fear and panic selling along with opportunist shorters who are exasperating the downwards price movements.

For all those who argue that the so called 'old' bricks and mortar retail business' have no place, that is complete nonsense. People go shopping, its an experience much better and thorough than just sitting behind a computer. Everyone needs to ask themselves, 'do I really buy everything I need online?' I sincerely think not.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.0¢
Change
0.015(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $707.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
83.0¢ 87.5¢ 83.0¢ $3.184M 3.714M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 43459 84.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.5¢ 2465 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.