WBT 1.21% $2.51 weebit nano ltd

Ann: Q2FY19 Activities Update and Appendix 4C, page-95

1. 4,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    Ok, interesting discussion but we dont know ANY of this yet. Most people are talking capability without proof yet.

We know WBT have shipped off chips to different parties.So they have something worthwhile.

We have no idea of the performance of these chips yet. We dont know uniformity of cell quality, yield off wafer, performance characteristics. Until we know that we dont know where WBT's or 4DS's chips really sit in the continuum.

4DS intuitively would probably have a higher manufaturing cost in my opinion, but I dont know that for sure and I still believe the path to a product is riskier due to exotic materials being harder to get consistency from. But again this may not be the case if they have worked out approaches to address some of these things. That is what engineering is about.

We do know WBT's chips are likely to last well and they are electrically stable since we have been told that already and importantly its been tested. They should scale to the next level (28nm) and potentially somewhat beyond after a proper assessment has been done already. We are being told 4DS will scale better based on theory right now and that may well be true all things being equal, but they are not all equal.

Given WBT have chips, I would have expected a comparative smackdown using real numbers against flash by now. Perhaps they are waiting for optimisation to finish before that and that would be sensible.

All of this conjecture could be absolutely correct, but its really just the investor brochure rehashed at this point in time for most of these discussions until real world numbers and comparatives are in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.