ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    So I had a chat with a senior GP near my area I know and sent her the information about Febridx, RHCG etc.

She said that it would be great to have this product available given its accuracy in determining the viral/bacterial infections. She indicated the previous flu season in Australia, a lot of people presented with viral infections, however were determined to be prescribed antibiotics when they weren't needed. She said that one of the biggest issues at the moment is a lack of supply of antibiotics and other drugs in the market anyway, so being able to determine the required medication through the test would be ideal.

She said that under bulk billing practices etc, the cost of the test etc is a driver of uptake as bulk billing is unlikely to absorb the cost of the test. Moreso the demographic they assist would be unlikely to pay this out of pocket. She did indicate the better place for this to be taken up is at a state level for walk in centres like at the hospital etc. So at a Government level like NSW Health etc rather than unique GP offices.

I think it may be there is a heap of GP office uptake, but it is very much office dependent (whether its a bulk billing office of not).

It will be interesting to see and follow the uptake, but from the discussion, it sounded like GPs / medical practitioners would love the test, its just working out how to bill it and the cost outlay for it. Margins in the practices would determine their likelihood for uptake.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LDX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.