QAN 4.93% $5.78 qantas airways limited

Ann: Qantas Group Announces CEO Succession, page-23

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    To Quote Oscar Wilde: "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about".

Whatever you may like to think of Alan Joyce, you have to admit he is/was a man in the spotlight and is "talked about" constantly (sometimes unfortunately in terms which are repetitive and extreme). For mine, as CEO he added some flair, character and identity to Qantas.

A great many Companies on the ASX appear to be managed by faceless men and women with minimal public image, who clip-the-ticket regardless of corporate performance. Hopefully the incoming CEO won't be in that grouping.

Being CEO of Qantas is one super high-pressure job. Everyone wants a say. Federal and State Governments, ACCC, Shareholders, Unions, Staff, Passengers, Airport Operators etc etc. Someone is always going to be unhappy and want to grizzle about it. All this loads onto the CEO.

Presumably Vanessa Hudson has convinced the Board that she has a strategic plan that will drive Qantas forward over the next decade. Keeping all the interest groups happy, including those of us who own the company - well good luck with that - and I mean that sincerely. Having the self belief to take on such a potential Poison Chalice is a good start. So, it is, "best wishes from me, Vanessa". Prove any doubters and nay-sayers wrong!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.78
Change
-0.300(4.93%)
Mkt cap ! $9.418B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.96 $5.96 $5.76 $49.77M 8.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 37491 $5.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.79 200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.