ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1554
    re: Ann: Qantas Group - New Qantas Airlines S... Thanks for the reply Webzone,

The government could not authorise a merger with a foreign carrier without a change in the Qantas Sales Act. So if they have authorised them to investigate a merger, I'm sure that the merger would come with other restrictions, namely on the frequency that they operate, the number of staff they employ or how much they appear to be Australian. This will be a huge political decision that would cause an outcry of national interests.

The only other option that I could see would be an increase of the foreign airline ownership from 35%. How much would it be worth? I saw the DB spoke of 25% of domestic for $1.9B. Joyce keeps denying the rumour, although Tim Clark(CEO Emirates) was here the week before last. So maybe this Domestic rumour has been thrown out there for a diversion? My thoughts are that it has been put out there for a diversion and International, like you say, is the target. Emirates would be a huge coup for Qantas and Joyce. I didn't think they would be interested, but you can see now that Emirates are so far reaching and that Qantas has the last of what they want, the Pacific, that it would be a great merger.

So how, when and where will this take shape? That is the mystery on the cards. I see that your thoughts of the 787 being re-directed to Qantas have been passed over? Or is there still more of that story to come? Posibility of the number of 787's going to Jetstar reduced? All part of the restructuring, just not willing to divulge plans yet?

Certainly there are plans in the pipelines, will it cost more than it is worth? Are the plans just another diversions from an underperforming management? Or do we finally have something significant in the pipelines?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.