QPM 2.22% 4.4¢ queensland pacific metals limited

Around a decade ago, I publicly pulled up the CEO of my company...

1. 686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1493
    Around a decade ago, I publicly pulled up the CEO of my company at the time at a rather important staff meeting on a restructure.
    Staff were being let go, the profit/loss was taking a caning and basically I ignored all the negative headwinds we were facing and took it out on the main guy with some very 'why aren't we' questioning.
    He understandably had the sh!ts and gave my manager (my brother) a roast afterwards.

Subsequently, we sat down at a one-on-one and I got the context, some rather honest truths from the CEO about our capabilities etc and learnt a great lesson in there are two sides to a coin. I also felt pretty embarrassed/naive about my meeting outburst.

Since then, I've been careful to acknowledge the positives in similar situations, prefacing negative questions with (deserved) praise for what is going right, asking for context if not given, and outlining what I think maybe a good alternative. Constructive criticism, not just criticising because we've got more on our plate/have to work harder/no bonuses this year etc.

I also recall at uni a group of friends who constantly poured sh!t on people they encountered. While their banter was humorous to start with, it soon wore off as there was no positive counter-balance. Everyone was a flip winner, looked like crap, was an intellectual 'tard, didn't know the cool lingo or struggled to keep up blag blah. No one was better than them, at anything.

Some of the consistently criticising may learn from a similar situation in their own life. Mine was quite embarrassing; hope you can avoid that.

Appreciate that some may paint me as a ramper.
    No longer bothers me to be honest.
    Do my research, share it, hope it help others, as I've benefitted from other far more experienced HC posters, and in return learn from their knowledge gathering and perspectives.
    While I invariably post stuff that supports the TECH/QPM thesis, I also acknowledge downsides, when they are substantiated and articulated with context not uni-name calling. Good stress-test of the investment.

Ultimately though, QPM has for a long time stood out from the pack for me due to its environmental credentials and industry-changing potential.
    That may flavour my posts, but I'd recommend those counter-punching the TECH narrative show some balance, provide references and keep it civil.
    Be the change what.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $88.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $228.6K 5.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 159614 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 374204 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ 3443694
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.