AXE 5.26% 36.0¢ archer materials limited

Step Change indeed !Mo knows this material and technology better...

1. 777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 770
    Step Change indeed !

Mo knows this material and technology better than anyone and having engaged with him on a number of occasions over the years this has given me a great deal of confidence in his ability to lead the team to deliver a game changer. I certainly don't doubt the complexity and level of difficulty of what they are doing otherwise it would have been done already and many still think it's impossible! But with every announcement another piece to overcome the barriers to fruition is delivered.

Took me by surprise to see TSM being involved also being one of the prominent Semiconductor Manufacturer's - does go to show there is alot going on behind the scenes, not just in Australia but worldwide with Archer and it's collaborators working on developing 12cq. Archer is still in talks with IBM so these achievements only bolster Archers position.

An important takeaway from this announcement beside CMOS being able to detect the Quantum information is being able to use standard and commercially available semiconductor fabrication technology - very important to help keep production costs down!

Also it sounds like now demonstrating the compatibility of CMOS and HEMT devices for mobile use they can fine tune and get to work on implementing the complex qubit control architecture.

The CMOS single-chip detectors:
    + were developed by Archer collaborators at EPFL ‡, are potentially industrially scalable, and were manufactured by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (NYSE: TSM)
    + apply the most widely adopted semiconductor technology used to build chips found inmost modern-day devices
    + pave the way for implementing complex qubit control required in quantum circuits
    + were of sufficient sensitivity to detect the electron spin in a few picolitres (picolitre is a trillionth of a litre) of qubit material at room temperature

The signal characteristics obtained agreed with the well-studied, repeatable, and scientifically published results of measurements performed on macroscopic (‘bulk’) quantities of the qubit material using continuous wave electron spin resonance instruments §

Another piece of the technological puzzle in place - no hype .. just putting their heads down and getting on with the job!
    Well done to all the team at Archer! Great work!

Some great and informative posts here as usual - well done all and thanks for the good and informative reading !

Cheers
    Tonza

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.