NOR 2.08% 4.7¢ norwood systems limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Appendix 4C Cashflow Report, page-54

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    I don't think anyone expected anything from Spark last Q give the cadence for their payments has been roughly ~$200k every 6 months. But where is their latest payment? It's February and nothing has been reported, and there is no mention of anything upcoming in the commentary either?

We are told that the agreement hasn't been cancelled, but I wonder whether the initial payments may have been largely comprised of one-off professional service fees. Of course it's very difficult to know, given the estimated committed $ (internally upgraded) for an anticipated length are anyone's guess..

Leaving aside Spark, the underlying business looks terrible. Perhaps the HY report will reveal more, but you would almost have to assume that virtually all non WVM revenue has now ceased.

WVM as product not much better. Even attributing almost all receipts to WVM, that equates to a mere ~1,500 paying WVM subscribers @ $50 each. The beauty of WVM is (or should have been) that it would deliver recurring revenue. The direct channel model for WVM isn't that different to the "debacle" over at FRX. Get someone to download your App convert them and watch ~$50 come rolling in each year.

It seems the vast majority of customers are downloading the App and not continuing beyond trial, and the ones that do, don't renew.

I can't for the life of me understand why they don't just drop the price? Get the punters on at $1 or $2 p/m accept lower margins (which is presumably what they'd be selling to big telcos for anyway). At least this way they might get some scale. This may not work either, but pinning your hopes for the upcoming Spark WVM rebadge seems fulite. If the whole world garners <$86k in quarterly receipts a year on, what can anyone realistically expect from a revenue share for a subset of a tiny country's mobile subscribers base?

For the record @Holla, I know that FRX comment was probably directed at Aussie not me, (and you do cop a lot here) but c'mon mate $3.3m in receipts last quarter, and one of the ASX's top performers for 2020. (Even your mate Disco has stopped posting). I'm up for bit of banter between the old NOR/ZIP/FRX holders, but I think it's a bit rough lumping us in with ZIP. Unfortunately, until the Paulrus bags you a big (multiple) telco(s) you aren't anywhere near FRX either.

@d_l_b Not quite at "better luck picking the next one" but cutting it fine! Also, thanks to your mates at SYT I've noticed a bump in the Philippines rankings lately! wink.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.