RVR 0.00% 7.3¢ red river resources limited

I'll bite this one time - it is a combination.Management can...

1. 560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    I'll bite this one time - it is a combination.

Management can only try to get the most out of their resources and market factors and a bit of luck do the rest. If you are invested in (primarily) a zinc producer and the price of zinc falls 37% - as it did between Feb 2018 and June 2020 - then it's probably a good idea to get out of the way until things turn around - as they now have - because all management can do is preserve their finite mineral resource and try stretch their cash reserves - which they did.

They were in a difficult position and in my opinion they managed the company wonderfully by focusing on what they could control - acquiring a quality gold project to hedge against the dangers of being solely a base metals producer, avoiding a CR with clever use of their funding facility (now fully repaid), and steering the company to the strong position it is now by prudently withholding concentrate from sale when metal prices were at their lowest.

If you do decide to ride a stock all the way down before capitulating, take ownership and accept that it was your decision - don't blame management, because all the information you needed was out there if you looked. We all make wrong calls in life and especially in investing, but if you blame others you won't learn from your mistakes.

Many others also rode it down, but topped up along the way because they had conviction in the company. And credit to them for being right as they are now reaping the rewards.

I personally re-entered on 30/07/20 after confirmation that RVR was out of danger. The market fundamentals had turned around a month earlier when the share price was ~30% lower, but there was still some risk involved. I'm just happy to be along for the ride now as I believe the company is still significantly undervalued when only looking its base metals project, and with no value at all being ascribed to its gold project.
    Last edited by ConcerndCitizen: 28/10/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RVR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.