AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report-AZS.AX, page-96

1. 3,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8199
    Thanks IW,
    I would have liked to have known this or better still seen Tony's info sources to be able to add some age dates to improve my cartoon sections (http://hotcopper.com.au/posts/18410981/single) or even drop the research.

The context in which Tony said Alacran and Cananea are not related would, for me, be interesting to discuss as the ideas from my restricted research below indicate.

I made a half hearted to find a current detailed geological description of Cananea before posting
    on the weekend. The limited data I did see though did suggest, to me, that mineralised Mesa Formation and perhaps some similar age of intrusives are present at both. At Cananea the intrusives ranged 70-50Ma while it was unclear about Alacran ages (perhaps 55Ma).

The existence of a semi linear NW SE zone of porphyry copper deposits that includes Cananea, Alacran and La Caridad IMO suggests there may be some genetic connection even if individual deposits are spatially separated and have different features.

Finally, 'a general rule of thumb' about the relative size of individual deposits within groupings of mineral deposits (VMS, Porphyries, Au) is the near statistical variation in size. E.G. for a porphyry copper grouping: Cananea (7Bt), Caridad (2Bt), and so on downward in size with Alacran 'smallish (10-5ooMT range?????), Cerro Morita?? below MDP??? The big ones are commonly found first and then brownfields exploration gradually turn up the 100-500t 'minnows' (in porphyry Cu terms).

Conclusion
    Find economic deposit(s) at Alacran first and then have this discussion again with more appropriate information.

GLTAH
    Last edited by salpetie: 02/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.