HGO 2.99% 6.9¢ hillgrove resources limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report , page-11

1. 5,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 326
    I agree with you PP. Kanmantoo is a definite goer and has been significantly de-risked with the swaptions in place.

I would like a clarification on what the swaptions actually are though. Are they a mixture of puts and calls? Or is it a basic hedging program? I suspect they are put options myself, since they had to pay $8.7m for them.

Anyway, I calculate that HGO will receive AU$3.59 per pound of copper they produce, for these swaptions. That includes a deduction for the AU$8.7m paid to purchase the swaptions.

Cash costs I think were stated at US$1.50 per pound. However, as real cash costs are in AU$, I'm not too worried about fluctuations in currency. I'm not sure what exchange rate was used to get the US$1.50 per pound, but if we use the current exchange rate, we get cash costs of approx AU$1.80 per pound.

So, we can see there is plenty of margin in Kanmantoo to ride us through any turmoil in the markets. Plus, I don't see any problem in getting finance now, in fact the swaptions may have been a prerequisite.

Cheers,
    Z.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.002(2.99%)
Mkt cap ! $144.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ $124.3K 1.827M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 338529 6.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 590303 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.