ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2679
    G'Day Iron Awe. Spodumene in samples to date is the key for me. They really need to stick a drill in some of the target areas they have in mind for this to turn a few heads. See this happening later in the season when access is easier and finance or JV is announced. Its register remains relatively small, so real dilution should not be a concern if the economics of scale present opportunity.

Timing is everything. In the macro sense, they are running with the trend in energy stocks. There's nothing like panic to light self interest and pressure at the right time to influence direction of the market. For example, it was on the news AGL is pulling out of coal. The energy market is going to be turned on its head if this is the case. So the risk at this price is low but the reward is significant.

Its a question of getting in early in dribs and drabs so as not to create price/volume spikes by sitting off the pace in the queue before the radar gets turned on and waiting, then riding the waves. They most probably have something in demand that big players will crawl over cut glass to get if its proved. Its how they manage the competing ends that matters if you want to remain long term or take a cut when the time is right or re-enter during an orphan period when the bigger players are setting up for income flow and capital gain.

Directors skill sets seem better than most. Mind you, you wonder if uranium is the hidden macro agenda of government. CXO holders should keep that in mind in light of AGL's comments.

At the micro level, in DTM's situation, they need a JV or a capital raise IMO and some marketing to bring this to the attention of others. Said this ages ago with CGM who has seen a rise off .001 cents to over .02 cents since they changed focus. People riding the waves at present. On the plus side, DTM has new blood with a lot of skin in the game who I think want to remain in control.

This company seems to differentiate itself from other small operations at this point in time by having directors highlighting experience in the management of capital and operations with networks to find a suitable JV.

This also suggests they understand the jockying for position, ownership and control by various ancillary stakeholders who want to create a cycle of wash and rinse, where they too make money. As such, DTM's leadership and strategic direction should be better served with this skill set to minimise the chances of being led over a cliff, IMO.

In this country, even the big boys are subject to bigger fish washing and rinsing. For example OZM a few years ago. The successful class action never really put the company back together again. Copper assets dispersed OS. So the best of people win some and lose some. Don't see human nature or governments changing things. So maybe the safest position in this climate is being a bottom feeder. At least you won't be attacked from above and left field catastrophes won't put you out of the game.

In my humble experience, it is when many small companies make a move to explore the resource, they are offered the red carpet by financiers and their eyes become bigger than their stomachs and don't realize they are being set up to fail by being overextended and the asset is rewashed for others and so on. I like to have people who are running the show who are astute leaders and mangers but can negotiate. Leaders set direction, managers get the job done, negotiators seal the best deal.

If a honeymoon period is to occur, the next phase maybe getting out and getting in again during the orphan period when big boys hold positions for income flow. They are the ones I stick around for based on the fundamentals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.