SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report, page-31

1. 2,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 364

Yes, you're right that line was made prior to the last CR but I think we were just not at a stage where we had other alternatives. I mean, we're still progressing through the operational evaluation, i wouldn't expect telcos to give us money prior to their successful completion. I do not think anything has changed since the last CR considering it was last month. So apart from current funding going towards the start of the constellation nothing else has changed. Hopefully GlobalSat will come to the party. At the same time what will be the cost of a partnership? Revenue share? Free use of the satellites until the cost of data covers what ever is invested. Fixed fees for the next decade? I'm spit-balling here but what is a partnership going to offer SAS? It seems SAS and Gomspace have a handle on the tech, we need major clients not a partnership. If the SP was appreciating inbetween CRs then I prefer the CRs. Maybe if you can point out what a partnership will bring SAS? (I am make a distinction between a partnership and a client)

Yeah, I've seen that interview, I know the one. ( )
    Whilst Meir discusses a few successful CR's that he incorrectly refers to as IPO's, he doesn't necessarily outline that it will be the source of funding for the pearls. Sure, it could be construed that way but then again it might not. He could solely be referring to the comparison between using VC, angel investors etc vs the ASX for their initial funding to get the proverbial ball rolling... Yes he was refering to the first mover advantage that the reverse takeover offered. The point is that that what ever route SAS has take they are still in the same point of their lifecylce. SAS are on Stage 3/Early stage now after proof of concept. This stage is when companies start manufacturing and mass marketing to bring in the contracts. SAS will still need funding for Stage 4/Expansion stage. Stage four is a costly stage as it requires lots of money to grab market share quickly, that is on top of getting the full constellation out.

In one of the interviews (I'm sorry i don't recall which one) he mentioned that the idea behind the 3d's was proof of concept. Maximum proof of concept for minimal capex. Sounds like a good idea to me, derisk the project for minimal $ input. So even if they did intend to dilute our holdings to the nth degree, it just seems entirely unnecessary to me now. I mean, they have a proof of concept, operational evaluation agreements underway and big telco's that NEED SAS to be able to monopolise that area. Without SAS, they can't provide the service. That's a pretty strong hand to have. I don't see why a Telco with deep pockets and basic foresight won't want to throw cash at SAS, it seems a little remiss from them not to do so but that's just speculation...like a lot of what we do here. It doesn't have to be a partnership, it can be a collab by where the african mob say, 'we will give you 15m up front if we are the sole blah blah etc etc'. I mostly agree with this. SAS tech is de-risked but their are other players. Thuraya has a strong offering albeit more expensive. If they can lower costs then SAS has a battle on their hands. Why haven't telcos thrown money SAS's way yet? I dunno.

On top of all that, they're saying we will have 'material' revenue by H2 2019. According to our program we should have launched two sets of sats by then. 40-50 sats. How much funding will that require? How much of that do we already have? Worst case scenario how many more CR's does that mean then? 1? 2?
    If we're making 'material revenue' by H2 2019, then the revenue will make us self sufficient. Each lot of sats after H2 2019 will be funded by our own bank account. $150M for the constellation. I'll leave the maths to you. We just raised 15M

All in all, I agree with you that it's a point worth considering. I just don't believe it needs to be anymore than a fleeting thought amongst a sea of other unknowns. I'd be more concerned with their algorithms working cohesively when we have the full constellation up but I guess it's just best to tick off unknowns chronologically. Things change and sometimes worrying about hurdles too far in advance become obsolete when we get there, business plans need to be dynamic.

Lets take a look at the numbers

This placement raised $15M
    125,000,000 * 0.12 = $15,000,000

It is entirely likely that we can see at least 2 more CRs with the remaining capacity . Below I am using fairly conservative numbers as I am taking into account the pending escrow release. These are just examples to illustrate my point.

100,000,000 * 0.15 = $15,000,000 -(Second launch)
    70,000,000 *0.22 = $15,400,000 (Third launch)

So from above we could launch two more batches with our current capacity to raise. If the share price goes above my theoretical values then obviously we can raise more and maybe get a 3rd or 4th batch up.

I understand that you cannot and will not take their announcement words as gospel but then again who's are we to take? I mean you're speculating that what he said in that interview implies we will have CR after CR. Is that not just doing the same thing that I have done from their announcements? Except I have tried not to see the words in isolation but in unison with all the other current state of affairs of the company.

Let me know what you think of all of the above. Enjoying this constructive convo, there reallyy should be more of it on here.

Lets just hope we get these binding agreements coming along sooner rather than later, that will make our speculating much more enjoyable.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am open to different opinions as long as it is not ramping (you have not ramped...just saying). I'm not saying I am 100% correct either. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by coefficient: 01/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.