NOR 0.00% 4.1¢ norwood systems limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report, page-55

1. 7,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2282
    I agree with you 100% re: resolution No. 7.

Primarily based on the fact there are only 6 resolutions.

So assuming you only lack attention to detail, do you think all resolutions will be passed if there is no news of deals before the AGM?

Is there Stockholm Syndrome with some perma-bulls here? Let's recap where the company is at:
    1. Imo, it is on the verge of entering into VA if the underwriter pulls the pin and SH's do not take up the SPP. At 30/9, there was $466k. NOR burn on average $300+k per month. At this run rate, NOR are close to running on empty during this month.

2. For all the bullish talk on WV, I do not see this product supporting the cash requirements of NOR in the immediate future. Why? NOR has little in the tank for marketing spend. The business model was predicated on Ad-spend see: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180913/pdf/43y98dl09s66x7.pdf
    In the latest Quarterly, "Advertising and Marketing" was zero. How can this be? Further, on a cash basis, $59k in receipts was off-set by $164k "Product manufacturing and operating costs". It has always been my contention that NOR's apps have negative margin. NOR create positive margins by accounting for non-discretionary expenditure such as payments to Google and Apple below the margin line. The NOR app business model via current distribution methods (app download stores) are not sustainable, imo. See WP as a prime example.

3. In a year where there was 50% SH wealth destruction, PO was granted a 60% pay-rise. The Chairman has since bolted. I wonder why? NOR will say a cost-cutting action, imo. But... there are dark clouds forming here and Amit needs to understand that quitting the BoD does not absolve him of any responsibility for actions taken on his watch.

4. PO has taken an advance on his salary in a quarter where the cash reserves are at a critical stage. How can he possibly justify this? Further, he has declared he is not taking up his SPP. so the cash advance was not used for this. Imo, an utter disgrace.

5. The BoD recommend granting PO 60m in the FY after his Performance Shares expire. Why did they expire? Lack of performance. Same with the first tranche. I always viewed the performance hurdles as low hanging fruit. PO and NOR failed to even achieve these low hurdles. But the BoD see fit in granting him 60m oppies at strike rate which may be the same as the oppies current SH's can get via handing over their hard-earned to NOR. Wow. Imo, a spit in the face to SH's.

6. Not to be outdone, the other 2 BoD want oppies... for free! Zero strike. Imo, either they are deluded or think SH's are more so. Then again...

So despite most SH's being in the red, some significantly so, Disco wants to sign-off on all the resolutions. Wow.

What can SH's do in protest?
    i. Vote against all resolutions
    ii. By voting against the, imo, outrageous Remuneration Report, SH's can deliver a first strike against, imo, an incompetent and selfish BoD. PO cannot vote for the resolution. I would urge SH's not to vote by proxy as this will be handing your vote to the BoD.
    iii. File a resolution to remove a Director from the BoD via S.249D. I have some experience in this and happy to give thoughts and guidance outside HC. It requires 5% of shares to bring the motion to a vote by all SH's. Holla and Yogi can achieve this together, should they wish to pursue this action. I would urge them to do so to break up the current BoD, which imo, do not make decisions to benefit all SH's.

What will Pinnacle do?
    It has always been my belief that Pinnacle wish to take over NOR. Imo. they have NOR by the short and curlies. A clause for Pinnacle to withdraw from underwriting the SPP has been triggered. We do not know if they will withdraw. They do not need to show their hand. Instead, they can sit back and count down the clock to get an understanding of current quarterly cash flows, SPP uptake and broader market conditions. If Pinnacle withdraw support and the SPP is not well-supported, the SP will, imo, plummet as SH's rush to the exits before a VA. This will allow Pinnacle to scoop up shares below the SPP, should they wish to try to salvage their previous investment. To those that think NOR is currently under-valued, they have an EV of over $6m. Very expensive based on current negative operating cash flows. More so when one backs out the last R&D gift grant from the government.

Finally, I do not see a big deal coming for NOR based on their current precarious financial position. They are, imo, on the verge of a VA. What large company would do a deal with a service provider in this state? In my experience, none. The perma-bulls may counter, a big deal will save NOR and the prospective customer needs the tech. Who in their right mind would hand over significant money to this current BoD based on their history of imprudent financial management? Same apples to any SH considering the SPP, imo.

PS: this post has not been written to scare SH's. What could be more scary than the current financial state of NOR and the SP.
    PPS: Apologies to those that tagged or replied to me earlier with questions. I was on a HC holiday. All good; no complaints.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12780 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 1630000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.