BCN 0.00% 2.4¢ beacon minerals limited

They told us why costs were higher: "Beacon’s production costs...

1. 1,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    They told us why costs were higher: "Beacon’s production costs were higher than previously forecast, as the Company mined at significantly higher than required volumes to facilitate the establishment of a new in pit tailings facility. This work will be ongoing in the March 2020 quarter."

So, according to that, most (if not all) of the increased AISC was due to the new tailings facility. The only negative I see in this is that they didn't build this requirement into forecasts and maybe they should have seen it coming, but as people have said, new mine, things change/happen, but it's more dirt to process now, so it will have a positive impact down the line. And as for @brauninc's assertion of not as much gold as they thought, that's ridiculous. That's what the PFS was for and all that previous drilling. They have what they said they have, and while new drilling didn't uncover gold everywhere, there was a section where there were higher grades than we currently have, and they still haven't drilled everything. They also have the option of buying more tenements in future etc. This is early days. And as for why the share price isn't rising, maybe very cautious traders, maybe people trying to keep the price down, who knows. All I know is that NST, EVN, SLR, they all started somewhere, and there is no upside in this price at all. We have assets, we're producing, and we have good management. This company has massive potential, which is not built into the price at this point IMO. Anyway, the share price is what it is, but it doesn't change my opinion of them, and it doesn't change that I'll be patiently waiting for dividends in the future. This is, as many of us long termers have said before, a long-term prospect. I got in at .004, sold out, got back in, got dividends last time, and have an average price of 1.8, so I'm happy. I know not everyone is in the same boat, but they have performed in the past, and I believe they will continue in the same way. If you're looking for a quick buck, this probably isn't for you right now. Maybe come back in a few months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.