DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report, page-214

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2379
    Triage, I will clarify what I said about never getting (emotionally) attached to an asset. It was referring to an "investment" asset. Family home is just that and should not be considered an asset in the strictest sense of an investment. I spoke to someone decades ago who had a very substantial portfolio of investment houses and he made an interesting comment - he did not buy houses he "liked" as it was easier to sell them when that was required. I found that comment to be quite intriguing at the time.

I will have to say this: there are good strategies to have with investing but, in the end 50% of any success comes from gut feeling and luck. We can do all the research we could possibly do but a single circumstance can change the equation dramatically.

There ar companies around today that were struggling or just going along at a slow pace in 2019. Some were clever and adapted to COVID-19 and moved into on-line trading and PPE. They are booming now. The world is never stable for too long. As investors, we have to be nimble and flexible - hence, never getting emotionally attached to an investment asset.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.