D2O 1.41% $1.40 duxton water limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report, page-7

1. cyw
    3,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    I guess at the end of the day it is the return to the shareholders that is the important thing. If they pay you a fully franked 4.5% dividend and they take 5% performance fees and you say 'Hey, how come you make money than I?', you have to think 'Am I happy with a 4.5% return?'.

If you are happy, then you will just need to put up and shut up. All these executives of large companies get paid $20m, $30m, $50m a year to give you a 2-5% return a year or in some cases a negative 50% return (like the big banks), do they deserve it? What do they do everyday to deserve $80,000 a day salary? They go to lunch and you pay them $10,000, they screw their secretaries and you pay them $5,000.

Debt funding is actually a good idea these days as interest rates are so low. I would assume they pay less than 4.5% interest, that means debt funding is cheaper than equity funding. The banks issue billions of notes a year. If I can borrow at 1% in Europe and lend it to you at 2%, that is good business. Why do I need to use my own money to lend you?

One thing you have to like about D2O is that they tell you how much dividends they will pay you 2 years in advance and it is increasing every half a year. How many companies out there can do that, especially these days?

I don't expect D2O to go to $5 or $10 in my lifetime but it is a good place to park your cash when the banks are not paying you for deposits.

Another stock I park my idle cash in is WAM Research (WAX) paying over 7% dividends. It is more volatile as it is market related, not like D20 which is related to one of the three necessities in life.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add D2O (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.