BYE 3.85% 5.4¢ byron energy limited

>What is interesting is that the new wells are producing...

1. 562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    >What is interesting is that the new wells are producing significantly more. Is this better technology? ....... Bla bla bla

Anyway I think I have worked it out. The reason for the highly productive new wells is that they are switching on DUCs. (Drilled but UnCompleted)
    As well as new drilled wells. So, possibly not a new technology.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3757/3757945-bae8cc292c713c26834be2a8727579ee.jpg

Source
    https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/oil-well-backlog-shrinks-us-shale-may-upset-investors-drill-more-2021-09-14/

"At current well completion rates, the EIA estimates that the top U.S. shale field responsible for U.S. oil gains in the last decade has less than six months of DUCs remaining."

So, in summary fracking production is back. But the drilling of new wells is almost at the lowest since 2014. We are pushing back the depletion rates by switching on previously drilled rigs. We can keep doing this for another 6 months.

The badger take is. "Once bitten twice shy" and oil investors have been bitten. Hell they probably lost a leg the bite was so big. Any talk of "drill baby drill" will probably result in an investor riot. They would be hopping mad. President Biden doesn't have a leg to stand on when he asked for more production. Yeah, small stuff, quick payback projects will get the go ahead. But 20 year big projects in a net zero world by 2050 are not going to happen in the US. Which means opec+ will get to dictate prices. $US75+ is here to stay.

All disclaimers. Badgers have sharp claws and are not to be trusted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.002(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $58.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $39.15K 739.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 304210 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 323934 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.