CGT 0.00% 21.0¢ castlemaine goldfields limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Reports , page-2

1. 1,860 Posts.
    re: Ann: Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Re... from the quarterly

"Initial studies meet expectations of greater than a 200,000 tonne target for the combined Lower Llanberris mineralisation"

this suggests that Lower Llanberris could be a goer for a few years of mining, an unusually large mineralisation consisting of about 5 separate reefs apparently, seems so looking at the cross section

I like the word "massive" in this quote

"a reef of massive quartz breccia can now be correlated across 150m in the Britannia compartment (CBU025 to CBU062 in Figure 3). Best assay results from this breccia reef include 0.3m @ 11.6 g/t Au in CBU025; and in earlier surface holes, 11.7m @ 18.9 g/t Au in BDD004 and 9.3m @ 30.3 g/t Au in BBD004A. The most recent drilling of this zone has found a thicker reef interval in CBU061; 6.0m @ 0.8 g/t Au (with SFA results awaited) similar to that in the BDD004 intersections, and visible gold within high quartz reef intersections for holes CBU062 and CBU064 (assay results awaited)"

seems we no longer need be concerned about the volumes of Ballarat's reefs - those they have identified means that the costs of tunnelling to get into them not going to increase the cost per ounce by a huge amount - might even be sensible to extend the decline down to Lower Llanberris instead of smaller access tunnels as I suggested previously

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.