FAR 2.91% 50.0¢ far limited

I stopped following this for a while, and just saw the news.......

1. 6,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1892
    I stopped following this for a while, and just saw the news.... and all I can say is that shareholders here were all warned about the debt financing deal. Many, many times. Many.

I and others wrote numerous posts questioning the ability of FAR's Dear Leader in securing funding. You had to look at the footnotes in presentations to identify the fact that they were relying on a bunch of critical assumptions to make it all happen. Few of the true believers listened. Many were happy to pour more and more cash into capital raisings and seeking to 'average down'.

And like a house of cards, it didn't take much to blow it up.

This is what you get when you have cowboys for management, playing with your hard earned money. It's easy for them to take a cavalier approach, unnecessarily trying rent seeking games and in the process antagonising very senior partners. All while trying to push the envelope with exploration and then failing, and seeking to secure a huge multilayered debt strategy. In the process, they were earning some truly big dollars paid for by shareholder capital. No, they weren't drawing a modest salary with options to align their interest with shareholders. Apparently you had to pay top $$$ to get top talent. LOL.

And to all those who believe the fall in the oil price is just a short term flash in the pan - you're dreaming. Some shale producers are ready to restart oil production if WTI prices return to as little was $24 - and even then they will still be producing oil at a loss.

Oil prices won't be this low forever, but it will be long enough to ensure FAR is dead, buried and cremated long before it rebounds.

In this environment, there will be very very few buyers for an oil asset off the far reaches of Western Africa - I would suggest there are none other than its operator and partner, who will swoop in and pick it up for a song. Don't get angry with them, it's just business. They're looking after their shareholders and FAR's Dear Leader... well, the less said the better.

I hope all those that have lost on this are able to reflect back on their reactions to those that laid out all the evidence and risks involved, and how FAR's management team added fuel to that fire. I'm sure many will just make up excuses, these events were unforeseeable etc etc... but no, an oil price shock is not unforeseeable. You don't need to predict the exact cause of it, but you can pretty much expect it will happen, and you need leaders that can manage companies to see them through it.
    Last edited by Sojourner: 09/05/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.5¢ 50.0¢ $45.91K 88.73K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5993 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 5982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.