NOR 0.00% 4.8¢ norwood systems limited

Man, lots to unpack from this 4C. Despite all the hype that...

1. 2,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 599
    Man, lots to unpack from this 4C.

Despite all the hype that revenue for the quarter is the highest in the Company's history they finished the quarter with $30K less in the bank.

Spending on R&D continues to drop, that's not a good sign imo especially in light of PO's statements that they have been increasing their efforts in the AI space. Interestingly it appears the relationship with Amelia/IPSoft seems to have cooled somewhat. GPT-3 seems to be the flavour of the month.

Staff costs are down 24% while admin and corporate costs have increased 27%. Again not a good sign imo.

There was nothing left in the R&D loan facility so it's now confirmed why PO had to front the Company a loan, they would have been insolvent otherwise.

Now on to the Aida slides.

You have got to be kidding me! Are they seriously suggesting it is an improvement to the voicemail experience to make a caller go through a series of interactions with a robovoice before they leave a message? We go from "ring ring" - "This is Richard, I'm not available at the moment, leave a message", to...

"ring ring" "Hi my name is Aida and I'm Richard's AI assistant, how can I help you today?" "Can I speak to Richard please" [Side note: Courtesy towards computers is obviously important in AI land], "I'm sorry but Richard is not available to take your call" [I would have thought that was already obvious given he didn't answer himself??], "In that case can I leave a message?" [Why do I have to ask permission to leave a message?], "Of course. What would you like me to tell him?". "I'll call you back this afternoon sometime", "I'll tell Richard you said that". "Wonderful, thanks so much" [Now we have to thank the computer??], "Ok, have a nice day".

Every other example was the similar. Instead of being able to leave a quick message you have to engage with a computer to do the same thing for 3 or 4 times longer for the same result.

This is the biggest pile of technological nonsense I have ever read. It's a backward step imo and will end up as another NOR solution looking for a problem.

In the second slide they seem to be suggesting that they want to be a competitor to Siri or Alexa.

All with $32K in the bank.

Give me strength.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100000 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 90000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.